Whenever we can further help you in your research for information, please stop by the guide desk or contact the guide staff via phone at Main Campus Carlson Library 419-530-2325.
Reference Desk Hours:
M-Th 9:00 am to 8 pm Fri 9:00 am to 5 pm
On Line MLA Assistance
Websites on the internet specifically for MLA.
Basic MLA Rules
- All citations must certanly be double spaced
- Indent following the very first type of each entry
- Entries aren’t numbered
- Alphabetize because of the first term associated with the entry
- If a feature is certainly not current, omit it
- If no writer is detailed, begin with title
- Italics can be used for titles of publications and periodicals (If italics are employed, the font must certanly be demonstrably distinctive from the print that is standard
- Capitalize titles of publications and articles in accordance with meeting, regardless of how they come in a catalog or database
- Editions of books are noted after the title into the after format: 2nd ed. very very First editions aren’t detailed as a result. If weebly no version is detailed, omit the version part
- Record the populous town of book just.
- Dates come in Month Year format (e.g. 12 Dec. 1992) with all months abbreviated to three letters followed by a period (Jan., Feb., Mar., Apr., Aug., Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec.) except May, June, and July, which are left as is day
- Web web Page figures in MLA are occasionally shortened. Continue reading “Citation Gu > help Guide towards the MLA and APA Citation Styles; Latest modify 2016”